Here is a summary of the steps for becoming a member (source: WSKO):
1. Contact the branch and arrange a time to visit
2. Watch a class and speak to the Branch Master about membership
3. Come and try a class to see how it feels
4. If you wish to join, complete the membership forms and pay the appropriate fees
Our branch accepts new members aged 13 and above.
It is not necessary to be in peak physical condition to start training, but if you are over 40 years old, or have pre-exisiting health issues, please check with your physician before starting training.
Our current fees are:
Adults - $70 per month
Full Time Students - $50 per month (with student ID)
Fees are payable 5 days prior to the start of each month.
We ask that payments be made electronically.
WSKO Membership Fee: $7.00
Uniform: ~$90-180 (plus shipping and duty)*
Tokuhon (textbook): $20.00
Sode-sho (sleeve badge): $6.00
Gradings: $25.00-31.00 for Kyu level exams
* it's fine to start out wearing a t-shirt and jogging pants